Rules of a safe and sound experience
Good to know: You will be able to use an awesome structure of Bike lanes that go through Budapest without having to go on the road.
Here you will find some of the common rules you must obey in order to be safe on the road.
Some of them relate to bicycles, others are necessary for any public road rider. Please read them before you go out there.
Here are four basic tips for you:
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your vehicle, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your vehicle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted vehicle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- Before you begin, make sure that you can quickly stop, get off or accelerate.
- Ensure you are riding in a safe lane.
- Respect pedestrians.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, road traffic participants of any age must wear a helmet while riding on a public road.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
- At night, we provide you with protective lights and fluorescent equipment.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
Bonus tip for Bicycle Riders:
In case you must go on the road:
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
Ride in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bicycle
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Included with every bike rental:
Condition and purpose
- For confirmed bookings full payment is required upon arrival. Payment can also be made via the secure online booking system.
- Payment of all or part of the total price (including payment by credit card) is acceptance of these T&Cs.
- If the service becomes unavailable for the Hire/tour Period due to circumstances beyond BP Hub's control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire/tour contract), Bp Tour Hub will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Bp Tour Hub is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of any amount paid to Bp Tour Hub.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows or changes of minds.